Air Purification Technology®
Most often, the various sources of pollution that have a negative effect on air quality are found inside our homes and offices.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency named indoor air quality as one of the top 5 health threats in the U.S. That’s because we’re spending 90% of our time indoors. Airborne and surface contaminants such as viruses, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), bacteria, mold spores and germs.
Many of these containments are spread from the inside and out of reach from typical air filtration systems. They can make people sick, less productive, and absent from work — all which are costly to employers.
Gold Leaf Energy’s air purification technology actively contributes to better health by restoring indoor air to its natural state where no pollution or contaminants exist — while reducing energy use and emissions in the process. It’s the most proven and effective solution to reduce inhalable particle matter, VOCs and pathogens to create healthy indoor environments where people thrive.
Suitable for commercial, buildings and residential homes, this leading air purification technology is based on smart bipolar ionization air treatment, which is typically installed in the supply side of an HVAC system.
- Commercial offices
- Convention centers
- Grocery stores
- Performing arts
How It Works
Airflow passes through our patented bipolar ionization tube, without using unsafe chemicals or creating any unwanted by-products. The tube energizes the air to form bipolar — positive and negative — air ions.
The airflow distributes the energized ions into all of the spaces served by the duct system in an in-duct installation, or into the applicable space if a standalone unit is used. The upside of the indoor air purifying system is just how easily it integrates into existing commercial and residential HVAC systems.
Unlike most air purification systems, this technology seeks out and neutralizes the contaminants at their source. This is vastly superior to most air purification methods because it works “in the space” where we work and play. It doesn’t wait for the pollutants to find their way into the filter within the air handler. Instead, air ions go to the contaminants in the space where you breathe, just as in nature.
Benefits of Bipolar Ionization
Bipolar ionization provides a huge range of benefits, including:
- Reduced dust and mold particles. Bipolar ions that bond with contaminants gain size and mass and drop to the floor, or return to the filter, cleaning them easily from the air we breathe.
- Reduced odors. Bipolar ions break down odors at their source and eliminate them. There’s no masking or diluting.
- Reduced VOCs. Bipolar ions break down toxic gasses and compounds from dangerous chemicals such as cleaning products, pesticides, paints, solvents, mold, mildew, and more.
- Reduced bacteria and viruses. Because bipolar ions negatively affect the DNA of bacteria and viruses, you’ll protect your space’s inhabitants from illness and disease.
- Improved energy conservation. Our air purifying technology guarantees you’ll reduce your energy bills because you’ll spend less on heating and cooling ventilated air. Instead, you’ll recycle conditioned, purified air. • Reduced static electricity. Bipolar ionization naturally neutralizes the air, eliminating static charges.
- Significantly reduced maintenance. There are no filters to change or collector cells to clean. Simply replace the ionization tubes every two years.
- A safe, natural and environmentally friendly process. The patented bipolar ionization technology uses no chemicals, heavy metals or mercury. It produces no harmful by-products such as ozone or ultra-violet light.
Bipolar ionization gaining popularity in combat the coronavirus
As the coronavirus pandemic fuels concerns about air quality, bipolar ionization is experiencing a rise in popularity within the commercial and industrial sectors.
This air-handling system is being deployed in many buildings across North America. Integrated into HVAC systems, the technology uses specialized tubes that take oxygen molecules from the air and convert them into charged atoms. The atoms then cluster around microparticles, surrounding and disabling harmful substances like airborne mold, bacteria, allergens, and viruses.
They also attach to droplets shedding from exhaled breath and dust particles that can transport viruses, enlarging them so they’re more easily caught in filters. It’s an active process that provides non-stop disinfection.
Bipolar ionization first arrived in the US in the 1970s as a means to control pathogens in food manufacturing. In the past, it has proven effective against SARS, norovirus, and several influenza strains.
If you’re interested in bipolar ionization for your building, get in touch with us today.
Air Testing & IAQ monitoring
Our indoor air quality solutions are backed up by rigorous testing and monitoring that proves our results. With over 7,000 installations and scores of independent tests, the data is so persuasive that we’ve guaranteed the results.
We use a cloud-based built environment monitoring system that is visible on a computer, phone or tablet. The system monitors the following environmental parameters in real-time: CO2, TVOC (total volatile organic compounds), particulate matter 2.5 (PM2.5), illumination, noise, temperature and relative humidity.
Guaranteed Energy Savings
An average commercial building spends 50% of its energy costs on HVAC related expenses. Bi-Polar Ionization (BPI) allows buildings to reduce outside air requirements by 50% or more below standard by using the ASHRAE 62.1 Indoor Air Quality Procedure. This nets to a 20-40% reduction in HVAC energy spend.
Airside efficiency is typically the largest untapped opportunity for building owners.
- Can reduce OA requirements up to 50% within ASHRAE 62.1/IMC code
- Takes up little space within duct a duct or air handler
- Has little to no pressure drop
- Requires slight power to operate
- 15% reduction in equipment
- Collateral cost savings in installation, piping, electrical, ductwork
- Potential 20-30% reduction in HVAC tonnage/plant sizes
- Less of an opportunity to bring in pollution from outside
- 20-40% reduction in HVAC energy expenditures
- 4-8% reduction on entire utility bill
- Extend life of HVAC filters
- Extend life of HVAC equipment (sustainability)
Let us help restore the air you breathe to the pure quality you deserve. Contact us today.